The Wednesday Night Downtown Street Market runs from 5:30-9pm in the heart of Downtown Fernie in July and August.
INTERESTED IN VENDING? READ THE EVENT DETAILS BELOW, THEN SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO REGISTER – REGISTRATION OPENS THE THURSDAY BEFORE THE EVENT – MARK YOUR CALENDARS. YOUR MUST BE A REGISTERED MOUNTAIN MARKET VENDOR TO ATTEND.
Wednesday Night Social has been rocking downtown Fernie since the Chamber of Commerce, Claris Media, Mountain Market and Arts Station started this event over a decade ago. This weekly concert series hosts musicians on the Arts Station outdoor stage along with beer gardens and food trucks and a whole lot of good times. In fact, it is now SO great that we’ve added it back to the mix of Mountain Market events.
“The Mountain Market gave us an invaluable opportunity to meet and engage with our community. We had the opportunity to share our work, bolster our membership base, teach the Elk Valley community about pertinent ecological issues, and listen to the public’s views on the health of the Elk River. We will certainly be back next year.” – Elk RIver Alliance, Vendor
Why do YOU want to vend at the Downtown Street Market?
- New Customers – Gain access to the many Fernie locals that often leave for the lake on weekends and often miss out on attending our Sunday market in Rotary Park
- Easy Set Up – This market takes place just off Main Street (2nd Ave) in Station Square in downtown Fernie. You can easily drive in and drop off your setup at this location.
- Consistent Crowd – This event has been going strong for almost a decade. Fernie locals know it’s the place to be and love all the food trucks. The beverage gardens open at 5:30 pm serving Fernie Brewing Company beer, BC wine, and BC cider.
- Live Music – Each event starts with a DJ or local act and then moves to the live show with musicians from across Canada stopping in to entertain the crowds. At 5:30 pm the Beverage Gardens, Kids Tent and Food Trucks open. At 6:30 the Live Music starts.
Important things to know about vending at this Market:
- Reserve your spot – You must pre-register and pre-pay to vend these Mountain Market events. The online form for the event goes live the Thursday before each Market event and closes on the day of the market. The event runs from 5:30 to 9 pm. Currently, there are 10 vendor spaces are available at this event.
- Tent Weights – All vendors must have a minimum of 25 lb of weights on each tent leg to secure their tent against wind. This Market is set up on pavement and it can get windy. If you do not have the appropriate tent weights you will not be able to set up your tent.
- Set Up – Vendor set up runs from 4 to 5pm. Please check in with Market Staff in the fluorescent yellow Moutain Market hats to secure your vending location and learn about setup & parking. The Market starts at 5:30 pm.
- Vehicles – Vendor vehicles must be offsite by 5 pm. Please drop off your setup and park your vehicle before starting to set up.
- Sales – You may only sell products during the Market hours from 5:30-9 pm.
- Take Down – The event closes at 9 pm. The barricades come down at 9:30 pm. You must be offsite by this time.
This Mountain Market event runs on Wednesday nights in July & August. You must be an approved Mountain Market Vendor to attend these events. REGISTRATION OPENS THE THURSDAY BEFORE THE EVENT – MARK YOUR CALENDARS
2023 VENDOR EVENT REGISTRATION
Aug 2nd – Wednesday Night Market @ Station Square 5:30-9 pm – Click here to register
Aug 9th – Wednesday Night Market @ Station Square 5:30-9 pm – Click here to register
Aug 16th – Wednesday Night Market @ Station Square 5:30-9 pm – Click here to register
Aug 23rd – Wednesday Night Market @ Station Square 5:30-9 pm – Click here to register
Aug 30th – Wednesday Night Market @ Station Square 5:30-9 pm – Click here to register
IMPORTANT: Do not arrive before 4pm to set up. The volunteers in the orange Socials shirts cannot accurately answer your Mountain Market questions. Look for the Mountain Market coordinator in the fluorescent yellow hat and vest – this is the only person who can inform you about how the Mountain Market portion of this event works. Vendors must be offsite by 9:30pm.