The Wednesday Night Downtown Street Market runs from 5-9pm on Wednesdays in the heart of Downtown Fernie in July and August.
Wednesday Night Social’s have been rocking along downtown since the Chamber of Commerce, Claris Media, Mountain Market and Arts Station started this event almost a decade ago. This weekly concert series hosts musicians on the Arts Station outdoor stage along with beer gardens and food trucks and a whole lot of good times. In fact, it is now SO great that we’ve added it to the mix of 2019 Mountain Market events.
Come down and support your local farmers and artisans at this great new downtown location.
Why do YOU want to vend at the Wednesday Night Social Downtown Street Market?
- New Customers – Gain access to the many Fernie locals that often leave for the lake on weekends and often miss out attending our Sunday market in Rotary Park
- Supportive Environment – The downtown businesses want us to be there and many plan to stay open late on this special night to help create a big buzz.
- Easy Set Up – This market takes place right on Main Street (2nd Ave) in downtown Fernie. You can easily drive in and drop off your set up at this location.
- Consistent Crowd – This event has been going strong for almost a decade. Fernie locals know it’s the place to be and love the many options the food trucks offer. The beverage gardens open at 5:30 pm serving Fernie Brewing Company beer, BC wine, and BC cider.
- Live Music – Each week starts with a DJ and then moves to the live show with musicians from across Canada stopping in to entertain the crowds. At 5:30 pm the Beverage Gardens, Kids Tent and Food Trucks open. At 6:30 the Live Music starts.
Come try out this market and save! We’re handing out 25% off coupons to our Sunday Market vendors. Want one? Just ask. We want to make a big splash at this event, so we have put together this special offer to help make it easier for you to join us. Coupons are non-transferrable and valid once per vendor for the Wednesday Night Market in August 2019.
Important things to know about vending at this Market:
- Tent Weights – All vendors must have a minimum of 25 lb of weights on each tent leg to secure their tent against wind. This market is set up in the middle of the street. If you do not have the appropriate tent weights you will not be able to set up your tent.
- Set Up – Vendor spaces are first-come, first-serve. The Market Manager will be onsite at 3 pm. Please check in with the Manager to secure your vending location and learn about set up & parking. The barricades will be set up at 4 pm. You have 1-hour to set up. The Market starts at 5 pm.
- Vehicles – All vehicles must be off the street by 4:30 pm. Please drop off your set up and park your vehicle before starting to set up.
- Sales – You may only sell products during the Market hours from 5-9pm. Sales are not allowed after 9 pm.
- Take Down – The Market closes at 9 pm. You have 1 hour to take down. The barricades come down at 9:45 pm.
- Location – Please check in with the Market Coordinator to identify your spot. Spots will be given out starting at 3 pm. Each vending location is identified with chalk on the street.
This Mountain Market event runs from 5-9pm on Wednesday nights in July & August.